National MP Chris Bishop said Adrian Rurawhe was someone who brings "a lot of mana and wisdom to the position."
Other candidates in: Te Tai Hauāuru
- Debbie Ngarewa-Packer (Māori Party)Debbie Ngarewa-Packer (Māori Party)
- Josh Morgan (New Conservative)Josh Morgan (New Conservative)
- Kiri McKee (NZ Outdoors Party)Kiri McKee (NZ Outdoors Party)
- Korrallie Bailey-Taurua (ONE Party)Korrallie Bailey-Taurua (ONE Party)
- Noeline Apiata (Advance NZ)Noeline Apiata (Advance NZ)
More: Adrian Rurawhe
Māori Development Minister Willie Jackson has appointed a new independent advisory group to further strengthen the future of Māori broadcasting.
"I stand in the middle of both two camps and got votes from both sides, and either way I voted was annoying half my base," Isaac Hughes said.
Ngaphuhi elder and Labour Party supporter remembered as an inspiration.
Mr Wharerau says he's humbled to lead the organisation's governance.
Baz Muir, who heads NLC, was chosen to refresh and rerecord the waiata to be used as part of the Māori Party 2020 election campaign.
Jacinda Ardern has congratulated Joe Biden and Kamala Harris on their victory in the US elections.
Labour gains one seat, National loses two.
Newcomer makes history for Native Hawaiians in US elections.
The māngai for Hauraki Waikato is breaking ground in her new role as foreign affairs minister.
The cooperation agreement is official, signed off in front of media in parliament today.
The PM has offered the Greens' co-leaders ministerial roles outside cabinet.