The māngai for Hauraki Waikato is breaking ground in her new role as foreign affairs minister.
Other candidates in: Te Tai Hauāuru
- Debbie Ngarewa-Packer (Māori Party)Debbie Ngarewa-Packer (Māori Party)
- Josh Morgan (New Conservative)Josh Morgan (New Conservative)
- Kiri McKee (NZ Outdoors Party)Kiri McKee (NZ Outdoors Party)
- Korrallie Bailey-Taurua (ONE Party)Korrallie Bailey-Taurua (ONE Party)
- Noeline Apiata (Advance NZ)Noeline Apiata (Advance NZ)
More: Adrian Rurawhe
The cooperation agreement is official, signed off in front of media in parliament today.
The PM has offered the Greens' co-leaders ministerial roles outside cabinet.
The Māori Party has confirmed Rawiri Waititi as its new co-leader, pending special votes confirming his win in the Waiariki electorate seat.
Former National Party leader, Simon Bridges, has ruled out any future plans to lead his party.
Wijohn supports the cannabis bill because "we can bring it out of the shadows and actually control it."
The historic look was last seen in Parliament on one of the first elected Maori politicians, Tareha Te Moananui, in New Zealand.
It is time to be bold, says Labour's Nanaia Mahuta.
Henare says discussions are well advanced.
The PM says Peters' devotion to New Zealand politics commands respect.
Labour has made MMP history.
The Māori Party's Rawiri Waititi closing in on an upset in Waiariki.